Reimagining Prevention Webinar Series
This series of webinars, hosted by the CDSS Safety, Prevention and Early Intervention Branch, CDSS Office of Child Abuse Prevention (OCAP), Strategies TA, and CalTrin, will inspire you to reimagine prevention and how we support and promote child and family well-being. These foundational webinars will help communities prepare for Comprehensive Prevention Plan development by providing guidance and information on the planning and implementation process.
Series Learning Objectives:
- Gain basic understanding of the Roadmap for Comprehensive Prevention Planning and Implementation.
- Explore elements of a prevention mindset.
- Gain greater understanding of their role in primary prevention.
Who should attend: Everyone! Anyone who is part of the child and family well-being network. For example, staff and stakeholders in child welfare, mental health, probation, FRCs, CBOs, and any other agencies or programs supporting family strengthening, child and family well-being, and child abuse prevention.
Session 1 – February 1, 2022
Session 2 – March 15, 2022
Session 3 – March 30, 2022
Session 4 – April 19, 2022
Session 5 – May 3, 2022 – 10:00-11:30 AM
Managing organizational change can be difficult. This 90-minute webinar breaks down the process of change within an organization to help you understand the journey ahead. We will discuss strategies for effectively leading teams as you move further upstream in your prevention work.
- Review the J-Curve Change Theory Model, what to expect during change, and strategies to successfully manage each stage
- Explore the Team Development Model and its use in your team’s shift towards a prevention mindset
- Identify strategies for building an engaged and resilient team during times of change
Session 6 – May 10, 2022 – 1:00-3:00 PM
Join Junious Williams as he shares the Collective Impact Community Engagement Toolkit. This interactive session will explore how to utilize the toolkit to engage communities in the Comprehensive Prevention Planning process through a lens of equity.
- Review the Collective Impact Community Engagement Toolkit
- Discuss the benefits of community engagement through a lens of equity and shared power
- Explore how to utilize the Community Engagement Toolkit in Comprehensive Prevention Planning
Session 7 – May 17, 2022 – 10:00-11:30 AM
Team commitment is key to a successful change implementation process. In this 90-minute webinar, we will explore how the Direction, Alignment, Commitment (DAC) framework can be used to better understand, and further, a team’s level of commitment during times of change. Specifically, we will focus our conversation on assessing and strengthening a team’s commitment toward a primary prevention mindset.
- Understand why team commitment is key to a successful change implementation process
- Explore the Direction, Alignment Commitment (DAC) framework as a tool for initiating dialogue about moving toward a primary prevention mindset
- Learn how to use the DAC assessment to gauge team understanding and commitment during times of change
- Review strategies for improving DAC during change implementation
June 2nd & 3rd – 2022 Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Planning Convening
Register Here for June 1 Pre-Institute: https : / /bit.ly/3rQKlXN
Register Here for June 2&3: https : / /bit.ly/3Ma S ihQ